Everyone tries to figure out why the tape for Arnold's new tape player is missing.
It's Arnold's birthday, and everyone is excited. After setting up the party, they open presents. Arnold recieves a tape player from Pig, who suggests they play musical chairs. When he tries to play music, nothing happens. He opens up the player, and the tape, which was in it earlier, is gone. Everyone starts arguing about who's got the tape, when Tiger yells "Stop!" Tiger puts on a sergeant-like hat, and says that he'll ask the questions. He first interrogates Pig, who claims to have had the tape first, and asks Pig to tell what happened at first. Pig says he went to Kipper's house to invite him to Arnold's birthday party and show off the tape player, and claims the tape was inside the player then. In a flashback, Pig shows Kipper the tape player (with the tape inside of it then). Kipper suggests they record music on the tape, but Pig claims to not be very good with music. Kipper then gets a paper and comb, claiming that anyone can play a paper and comb. Pig then plays the paper and comb, saying that it tickles. He and Kipper then record the music. Back in the present, Tiger asks Pig if he took the tape home with him when he finished. Pig says that he didn't, which makes Tiger suspect Kipper has it. Kipper says that he doesn't have it either, and claims that he took it to Jake's house to help blow up balloons for the party. In another flashback, Kipper and Jake are laughing and blowing up balloons. Kipper says blowing up balloons makes him laugh. Jake makes them squeak, which then flys away. Tiger then arrives to make the party hats. After making the hats, They march in a parade. Jake takes the tape off the table. Back in the present again, Jake claims when they got to Pig's house, he put it on the chair. Tiger suspects Pig, asking him what he did with it. Pig says he did nothing, and everyone starts arguing again. A hiring mad Tiger yells "Quiet!" and pulls off his hat in the process...revealing the tape to fall out of his hat! Pig says that Tiger had the tape all along. A sad Tiger is upset why the tape was in his hat. Kipper says tells Tiger it's no big deal. Everyone then plays musical chairs. The End!!!!!!😄😃😀😊☺😉😍😘😁
- In the original version of the video, when Kipper, Tiger, Jake and Pig except Arnold are shown singing during the song "The Grand Old Duke of York", a couple of glitches occurred (which were fixed in later re-releases of the Puppy Love, despite the Lyrick Studios edition still keeping in the animation glitches):
- The frames were chopping ahead when Pig and Arnold are going up the hill.
- Kipper abruptly appears half obscure on the screen (while Pig was walking) before walking up the hill.
- After Tiger put glue onto the star for his party hat, he licked the glue. His mouth would have been glued shut.
- Arnold is the only one with no party hat, he should have been wearing one, because in the episode, it was his birthday.
- The balloon that Kipper was holding and Arnold's stroller disappear when everyone was preparing for the party.
- A few scenes have some of the characters and props clip through. These include:
- Kipper's tail clips through the chair.
- Tiger often clips through the blanket.
- Arnold clips through his cushion.
- Jake clips through the table.
- Pig's hat clips through his head while he and Kipper putting the blanket on the ground.
- The cushion is removed after it throws. Whether or not this is an error or someone removing it's unknown.
- One shot shows Pig clipping through the chair.
- Tiger's hat twitches when he takes it off before the tape falls.
- The cassette player glitches in one shot.
- Arnold's eye clips through Pig's hat in one shot.
- One shot shows Tiger's hat clips through his head.
- The tape vanishes when Pig presses the button and turns on the cassette player.
- In both the beginning and in the flashback, when Tiger puts the party hat on his head, it has got a strap. But when he takes the hat off when he yells "Quiet!" the strap on his hat is gone. Also, when Tiger picks up the tape saying that he doesn't understand, the strap is back on his hat.
- During the second argument when Tiger is seen talking with someone who do/don't have the tape, the hat on his head doesn't have a strap. But when the camera cuts to Tiger before taking off his hat off his head and yells "Quiet!" the strap on his hat again is missing. But when Tiger takes of the party hat off his hat and yells "Quiet!" the strap is missing. Also, the strap on his hat is back when Tiger picks up the tape by saying that he doesn't understand.